This workshop has been retired but now there’s
Are amazing gel prints random guess work? Nope. But it can feel that way if you don’t know the FUNdamental principles. Do you know the whys behind your final prints? Do you know how to replicate a gorgeous print that you’ve made? Once you know the FUNdamentals, you will!
This 3 week on-line workshop is for anyone who wants to know why their prints are the way they are, new to printing or experienced printers alike.
Watch Gel Printing FUNdamentals Workshop on YouTube.
Color is a huge part of making prints, especially avoiding mud. But there are ways to use the entire rainbow, all at once, and not make mud. You bet that is covered in the workshop!
Throughout our 15 lessons together, you’ll see step-by-step how I use the FUNdamentals while printing with trash, a common kitchen supply, fibers, pencils, cosmetic sponges, stencils, rubber stamps and more!
But what about all the prints that aren’t home run amazing prints? I make blah prints all the time. You’ll get to see how to build up layers on those prints and most importantly, find out the why behind the choices that I do so you can apply it to your printmaking!
Words are one of my favorite elements to use in my art…but I don’t like my handwriting. Creating words on a gel plate lets me go right around this!
Life’s busy. With a limited amount of time to be creative, if you want to skip the trial and error and get right to the fun of printing, then get ready to play! Each video lesson is 10-20 minutes long so you can watch and get to the play.
If you’ve ever felt like you’re in a rut making the same kinds of prints and struggling to find new ways to use the gel plate, the 15 different lessons can help you out. They are all downloadable with forever access so you watch them when it fits your schedule and as many times as you want!
Gel Printing FUNdamentals
- 15 lessons plus all the getting started videos waiting for you now in the classroom!
- recordings of the Facebook live streams just for the workshop participants with special guest, Dave the husband making prints.
- downloadable videos (and can be downloaded on mobile devices too)
- lifetime access to the class
- optional private Facebook group and classroom where I’ll be there answering your questions
- 30 day money back guarantee. Why do I offer this? Because I want you to have the workshop that is right for you!
What Students Are Saying About Gel Printing FUNdamentals
- Wow, wow, wow Carolyn! I’ve been gel printing for a while but you unleashed the wild child in me! – Gail Brule
- I teach gel printing. Your strategies pushed me farther.- Jan Paron
- I have completed the course. And It was money well spent. The color wheel and how to use the brayer and not mix paint immediately helped me improve right away. Coaxing Dave (and us) to look at what we like and don’t like was also very helpful. My play was better every day, but it really exploded into lots of ooo’s and aaah’s with one of your last lessons where you worked fast and just kept layering. I have had the most fun yet, trying to follow your example of ‘add another layer’. You are an excellent teacher and really know your stuff. – Marjorie
What are the basic supplies that you need? In the getting started videos in the classroom, I go in detail about the sizes and types of products to guide you to finding the supplies that give you the looks you want in your prints.
- Gel plates, I use the Gel Press Plates because they have the best squish and have held up very well to all my play over the years. I like to use 2 side by side for several techniques. This allows me to use paint in different ways and not waste a thing. The plates can be the same size or different sizes. You don’t have to have 2, instead you can simply use half of 1 plate for the first part and the other half for the second part of the technique.
- A soft rubber brayer
- Paint– any acrylic paint works. In the getting started videos, I go into detail about the different kinds of paints for printing
What else will I be using? I am a big believer in use what you have and substituting with what you like. In the classroom is a detailed list of every little thing I am using, but you don’t need to have all of that.
We’ll be using things from the kitchen, from the trash, rubber stamps, StencilGirl stencils, and more.
Congrats on your workshop! Sounds like a lot of fun. 🙂
Fantastic! I love the videos you include on your blog and look forward to seeing the new ones in the GP Workshop.
Woot Woot… oh ya.. I’ll be there.
congrats to your workshops it looks great.
lovely graat Marja
Sounds fantastic. I can’t join in, I still don’t have a gelli plate! Valerie
Congrats on providing another great learning experience! I was just about to ask about a distributor for the Gelli Plates and up popped all the informations! 😉
Knowing how beautifully done your Use Your Words workshop is, I’m sure this one will be fantastic!!
I loved Use Your Words and just got my gelli plate. I can’t wait for the class to begin!
LOVE 🙂 Looks to be a ton of fun with great instruction….. Happy Printing!
Sadly no pennies to my name at the moment so I can’t join in the workshop. But I am sure it will be a lot of fun. Love the above prints!
I find all these classes fascinating and would love to start playing with the Gelli plate. It looks very cool and interesting!
I love your wonderful use (sneakers! ) of gelli plates!!! I hope to sign up for your class in mid- month – when my SS check arrives – can’t afford the catalyst tools yet so at Job Lots purchased some soft silicone kitchen tools including a whisk -I cut groves & round shapes along the edges of the spatulas & off I go
thank you so much-
I hope you’ll share with us how it turns out! I am sure there are lots of people who would love to know!
Yes, please share, but where all can see as I won’t be able to sign up for class due to financial reasons ( I also get SS, and as you know it doesn’t go far!)
Hi..would I be able to download these classes?
I hope so…can’t wait to take the class! Just want to be able to watch when
dont haVe computer access…
The videos are available to you forever but not for download.
I want in — just waiting for my check. I love my gelli plates & I love what you so with your gelli plates!!!
Fun stuff! Love layering patterns!
carolyn, i was coming to your blog to tell you i finally bought a gelli plate and i see this post about a class. i am involved in 4 0r 5 classes online, and behind in all of them, but i’m going to sign up for this one anyway since you say the videos are there forever. thank you for sharing your talent and time!
Hi. For some reason I can’t access the videos (have been successful until today). When I type in the password, ibiawaV, the screen goes blank. Thank you in advance for your help. 🙂 firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ll email you and we’ll get this figured out together!
I would love to take this class. I have been checking out several different ones and yours just screamed te me. lol……….I can’t afford it right now. How long will it be available for? My Gelli plate arrived yesterday. Can not wait to get “inky”. lol.
Enjoy that Gelli Plate that just arrived! Oh the adventures you can have with it! I have no plans to take it down for the time being so no worries.
love your techniques and your thoughtfulness in sharing the techniques and your experience. Love it! Thanks for helping me to learn how to us the gelli plate and to actually create some art with it.
Do you know of any classes in the Miami area? Thanks!
At this time, I’m not aware of any Susan.