How am I helping myself play this month? I’m finding art supplies at the hardware store! These items weren’t intended to be art supplies by the manufacturer but that doesn’t matter one bit!
How does finding supplies there help me play? I can get an unlimited supply, the items are usually quite cheap, and there isn’t a “proper” or “right” way to use them for art since they weren’t designed for that!
Each Tuesday this month I’ll share a new video tutorial with a different item from the hardware store and I’m looking forward to seeing what you share in the weekly link party. Since this is all about play, there aren’t a lot of rules so you can share any of your play- whether it is on the theme or not!
What about the monthly giveaway? It’s a $50 gift certificate to WalMart.com- why there? Because it was the closest thing to a hardware store that I thought would be near as many people as possible! You can find last month’s winner here.
The vintage inspired frame in this video is a light switch plate. It reminded me of old windows so I bought one. After filming the video, I went back and got a couple more!
This won’t surprise you but how it turned out is not what I planned. Yes, there was an OOPS, an Outstanding Opportunity Presenting Suddenly that changed the direction of where I was going with this! Yup, I left it in the video!
Watch How to make a vintage frame out of a hardware store find on YouTube.
Supplies Used: Switch Plate(it was cheaper in the store than online), DecoArt Black paint, fineliner (and here is video with more details about using and filling a fineliner)
This month’s giveaway is a $50 gift certificate to Walmart.com because you can find all sorts of non art supplies there that work wonderfully for art play! Link up what you’re creating (and you get a bonus entry into the giveaway for sharing your play) or leave a comment telling something that you liked about one of the photos shared. One comment per person. Giveaway closes Monday, April 4th at 8am EST.
New to Let’s Play? You can find out all about it, what you can share(and it is almost anything- it doesn’t have to follow the monthly theme), why your play (yes YOURs!) helps others to play, plus other info here.
[inlinkz_linkup id=610961 mode=1]
Link up etiquette
- If you see something you like, leave a comment on their photo or blog post and show some love – let them know they inspired you!
- Share your recent play (any form of creativity is welcome) that hasn’t been linked up to a Let’s Play before ( limit 3 per week please)
- Add a link back to to this post so that others can find it, be sparked, and join the fun!
- New link party begins each Tuesday..sometimes even late Monday night…
- Enter the giveaway for the $50 gift certificate by linking up (and you get a bonus chance for sharing your fun) or by leaving a comment telling something you liked about one of the photos shared in the link party. One comment per person on this week’s blog post. The winner will be announced on the first Tuesday of the following month. You can find all the details about Let’s Play here.
You can upload a photo or use a URL or Instagram. Not sure how to find a URL or link up? Check out this page of Let’s Play FAQs.
Want to put the button your blog? Just copy all of the the code from under the button.