Once I started looking around my studio for neglected supplies, I found there are plenty of them. The good news is that it gives me plenty of ways to let myself play! For this week’s Let’s Play link party, I’m using Tim Holtz’s Tissue Wrap.
How does showing some love to neglected supplies help me play? It’s been so long since I’ve used these that they are like new to me. All the excitement of when I first played with them is back!
New to Let’s Play? It’s all about how to let go and embrace the fun of artful play. Each Tuesday, there’s a new link party where I’m sharing my play and you can link up to share your play. And yes, it can be any creative play! Plus there’s a monthly $50 gift certificate giveaway!
Another big part of play for me is not following a plan. Even if I think I have a plan, I know it won’t really happen that way. For example, the tissue wrap. It was supposed to be one big sheet of it on my page according to my plan. But once I had run it through the Xryon Creative Station to turn it into a sticker, I saw lots of little stickers in it. So I just cut it up!
In the video, you’ll also see another, not as planned bit of play with an old rubber stamp. It was an Oops…an Outstanding Opportunity Presenting Suddenly…but that led me to something even better with that stamp!
Watch How to use Tim Holtz’s tissue wrap in an art journal on YouTube.
This month’s giveaway is a $50 gift certificate to Amazon.com! Link up what you’re creating (and you get a bonus entry into the giveaway for sharing your play) or leave a comment telling something that you liked about one of the photos shared. One comment per person. Giveaway closes Monday, Feb 28th at 8am EST and will be announced the following Tuesday.
New to Let’s Play? You can find out all about it, what you can share (and it is almost anything), why your play (yes YOURs!) helps others to play, plus other info here.
[inlinkz_linkup id=604428 mode=1]
Link up etiquette
- If you see something you like, leave a comment on their photo or blog post and show some love – let them know they inspired you!
- Share your recent play (any form of creativity is welcome) that hasn’t been linked up to a Let’s Play before ( limit 3 per week please)
- Add a link back to to this post so that others can find it, be sparked, and join the fun!
- New link party begins each Tuesday..sometimes even late Monday night…
- Enter the giveaway for the $50 gift certificate by linking up (and you get a bonus chance for sharing your fun) or by leaving a comment telling something you liked about one of the photos shared in the link party. One comment per person on this week’s blog post. The winner will be announced on the first Tuesday of the following month. You can find all the details about Let’s Play here.
You can upload a photo or use a URL or Instagram. Not sure how to find a URL or link up? Check out this page of Let’s Play FAQs.
Want to put the button your blog? Just copy all of the the code from under the button.