The Gelli Plate is a tool that encourages play. No pressure, just play. That is why I love it so much! I guide you step-by-step as you create amazing papers loaded with layers of color and design. People who don’t know about the Gelli Plate can’t imagine how the layers were made. But you will learn exactly how it is done! This workshop is loaded with techniques for both newbies and veterans of the Gelli Plate.
Prints can be just one layer or have layer after layer building up the pattern and color to create 1-of-a-kind papers! I will share the why’s and how’s as I print my papers so you can make your prints with confidence!
The workshop will have new videos each week on Mon., Wed. and Fri for 5 full weeks. You’ll be looking right over my shoulder as I make my gelli prints. You’ll see it all- including my oops and how I handle them. The videos will be available to you forever- so you can watch and play at your pace!
- how to get layers of color in just one single pull from the Gelli Plate
- how to use homemade and purchased stencils
- how to get texture on the Gelli Plate with found objects
- how color theory applies to the Gelli printing (the polite way of saying how to avoid mud)
- how to get subtle or bold effects when you want where you want
- how to use more than just paint on the Gelli Plate
- how to use rubber stamps on the Gelli Plate
- building a composition using layers on the Gelli Plate
- painting on the Gelli Plate
- how to deal with the ugly prints
- how to use the prints in a variety of mixed media projects
- how to combine multiple techniques in one print
- how to be free and experience all the joy in playing with the Gelli Plate!
I’ll also share mixed media projects you can do with your Gelli prints. There is no limit to how you can use these papers! Not only will you be getting technique videos you will also see how I use these papers in my artwork.
The live workshop begins on April 1st- after that it is available as a self-paced workshop. Once you get your confirmation email (within 24 hours) you will have access to the videos.
This is a video based class so you will need a computer and basic computer skills. High speed internet access is highly recommended. There are no refunds once you have been sent your class log in information and password. The video below is hosted on Vimeo, like all the workshop videos. I recommend you view the video below to be sure your computer can play the workshop videos.
What’s it like to take a workshop with me? Here’s what people in the workshop are saying:
This class has been fantastic! You explain things clearly in a fun and energizing way.- Dawn
Carolyn, I really hope you create more online classes! I love your teaching style. You have a clear, concise, way of delivery. I feel encouraged to experiment with each new lesson. Today, I was really grateful that you showed us how to handle the messes as I’ve quite a few of them.- Ellen
$69.00 *see instructions below*
You do not need a PayPal account to purchase.
VERY IMPORTANT: Once you complete your purchase at PayPal you must click on “Return to A Colorful Journey“ to complete your class registration. If you do this you will have full access to the class within 24 hours.
These are the basic supplies.
- Gelli Plate (Any size will work- I use the 8×10 and the 12×14)
- soft rubber brayer (I use the 6 inch size)
- Acrylic paint (any brand- the one I use most frequently with the Gelli Plate is Amsterdam
- Paper (I use old scrapbooking paper, pages from books, deli paper, shipping tags, tissue paper, white card stock. Any paper within my reach is fair game in the studio)
- Catalyst blade tools (My favorites are the size 15mm for # 1 or 6 or 5 and size 50mm #5 and every one of them works well on the Gelli Plate.)
- stencils- any will work!
- artist tape
- Foam meat trays (The kind that your chicken or beef come in at the grocery store. Save these- you’ll be amazed at what they can do with a Gelli Plate!)
- Spray inks (I use Dylusions)
- Rubber stamps
- Stuff from around the house such as a crocheted doily, corrugated cardboard, leaves, anything with a texture or shape that you like.