Play: Mission Impossible or Mission Possible? 2016’s Let’s Play is all about sharing how I have learned to play so I chose to accept the mission from the muse!
How does the hardware store help me play? There is no wrong way to use it because I am already using it in a way that wasn’t intended by the manufacturer.
While using it to make an art journal background Gelli printing®, if my inner critic tried to say I was doing it “wrong” I could dish that attitude right back because there is not rule book for how to do it!
Everything was going along normally, until I added these silly stamps from Technique Junkies. That is is when my muse trapped a song in my head…and I am still singing it!
Watch How to use a texture tool on gelli plate to make silly art journal page on YouTube.
It wasn’t until I was writing up this blog post that I noticed I turned the journal upside down…oops…and I’m glad I did because I like how the color blocks worked this way!
Now you’ve seen my play, let’s see yours! In the link party below, share whatever you’re creating (it can be any play) and that will encourage and inspire others to let themselves play too! And of course, you’ll be entered in the $50 giveaway too…actually entered twice if you share your play! You can upload directly to the link party too- no blog needed!
Here are the supplies I used. Some of these links are affiliate links which means I get a small percentage. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and you are helping me keep this blog and my videos ad free! Thank you- I don’t like ads any more than you do!
This month’s giveaway is a $50 gift certificate to Walmart.com because you can find all sorts of non art supplies there that work wonderfully for art play! Link up what you’re creating (and you get a bonus entry into the giveaway for sharing your play) or leave a comment telling something that you liked about one of the photos shared. One comment per person. Giveaway closes Monday, April 4th at 8am EST.
New to Let’s Play? You can find out all about it, what you can share (and it is almost anything- it doesn’t have to follow the monthly theme), why your play (yes YOURs!) helps others to play, plus other info here.
Link up etiquette
- If you see something you like, leave a comment on their photo or blog post and show some love – let them know they inspired you!
- Share your recent play (any form of creativity is welcome) that hasn’t been linked up to a Let’s Play before ( limit 3 per week please)
- Add a link back to to this post so that others can find it, be sparked, and join the fun!
- New link party begins each Tuesday..sometimes even late Monday night…
- Enter the giveaway for the $50 gift certificate by linking up (and you get a bonus chance for sharing your fun) or by leaving a comment telling something you liked about one of the photos shared in the link party. One comment per person on this week’s blog post. The winner will be announced on the first Tuesday of the following month. You can find all the details about Let’s Play here.
You can upload a photo or use a URL or Instagram. Not sure how to find a URL or link up? Check out this page of Let’s Play FAQs.
Want to put the button your blog? Just copy all of the the code from under the button.