Starting in my art journal can be the hardest part for me. Why? Because that is when I tend to over think and trap myself in my head. When I am in my head, I get stuck. How do I get unstuck when art journaling? Challenges. There are rules, guidelines, and most importantly for me, a place to start.
This month Art Journal Journey has a Frida challenge. By joining this challenge, the rules gave me a place to start.
- It had to be related to Frida.
- It had to be an art journal (which makes sense for an Art Journal Journey challenge.)
- It had to be larger than approx . 4″ by 6″
Of course, there’s an Oops in the video. I had paint that was just too runny and watery…
Watch Playing with Frida in my Art Journal on YouTube.
- Fine Line Applicator
- High Flow Paint for in the fine line
- A Rose by Any Other Name stencil
- PanPastel sponge
- Frida’s Glance from Invoke Arts
- Provo Craft rolling alphabet stamp
- Stabilo pencils in white and black
- Strathmore Art Journal
Sharing with my friends at Art Journal Journey. There are lots of great art journals shared over there – take a peek!
Sharing with Inspire Me Monday, Creative Every Day Paint Party Friday, and Art Journal Every Day.