I was hearing voices today- the paint was calling to me- beckoning me to get my fingers messy. Perhaps that was because I was toying around with the idea of a manicure- not anymore. I get way too much gesso on my fingers to invest in my nails…
I started with this background made who knows how long ago. It is spray ink and gesso layers. It has been around a while but today it sparked my interest.
A bit of colored pencils to define the shapes.
Added a bit of color and glued down some triangles cut from notebook paper. I chose the diamond shape since I only had 1 area of diamonds on the page- the larger size let me play around with scale and proportion a bit. Man do I love cheap notebook paper!
Added paint and markers.
I need more white space, so gesso to the rescue!
Lost all the white space to watercolors. Really have a tough time leaving white space in my art…
I made a roller stamp based on a tutorial by Alisa Burke and rolled my words on with black paint.
I have this great huge foam flower stamp by Donna Downey. When I lifted the stamp the paint barely showed the image. Not what I expected.
With a paintbrush and more orange paint I filled in the image so it would stand out more.
A quick black outline to define the flowers. A sloppy messy white pen added a touch of white to the flowers. Still not much white…maybe in my next project…