I have been stuck lately. Stuck. Stuck. Stuck. I got tired of being stuck so I just tried something. I dug around in my junk basket – a basket full of scraps, leftovers, and abandoned project parts. Once I started doing I felt a little less stuck. It felt like rocket science when I was in the middle of it but now it just seems so obvious.
A background page I made long ago with gesso and who knows what to make the yellow and blue. I tend to make backgrounds, especially when I get new supplies that way they are ready when I start a journal page.
One of Julie Balzer’s Crafter’s Workshop new stencils added a bit text to my page with orange Glimmer Mist.
Added the main elements.
She looked a bit strange without a head and arms. Cut up a copy of a vintage photo. The word, which so summed up how I got moving on this page, took the place of the arms.
She looked just placed on the page so I colored her hair with Peerless watercolors- so soft on the glossy photo. When I started working on the legs with the Peerless watercolors it was a different story. The text paper was very absorbent so the color turned out so dark. At first I didn’t like it, but I had started so I saw it through. Turns out, I like it better darker. Happy accident.
The “try” was just too plain. In came the Gelatos to the rescue! The red swirl, a new punch I bought, needed more than just the red so I used my Inktense pencil to add a darker red to it.
Still felt unfinished. A bit of fine line marker edging and scribbling to add a touch of definition. Now I was happy.